Sunday 29 July 2007

Work in progress


This is a work in progress for a character portrait. I photographed some great gravestone textures the other day and they inspired me. I had this idea that they would make really good textures in a painting. You know how these digital artists are always throwing textures of this and scans of that over their pictures. Anway I kept imagining this painting of a lady's face using these stone textures. Well this is the start of it. There is a long way to go and I haven't put any textures on yet. That will be for later.

There are alot of problems with this so far, no least of which is the lady's face. I need to find some good reference for the anatomy and the lighting. As I'm sure you can tell this was done without either. So that is the next step. Hopefully the next few posts will see the transformation of this into a really great pic.... yeah right!

No comments:

Post a Comment